We took a trip with our friends down to St. George. Our friends have relatives who have a condo we were able to stay in. It was a nice little get away. Especially since we hadn't been able to go anywhere for quite a while!
We went with our friends Matt and Caroline. We left Thursday night after everyone got off of work. Caroline and I had heard about a waffle truck in Provo that we wanted to stop at. It was divine! We were in heaven. This is a disgusting picture of my waffle.
Strawberries, Nutella, and cream....yummy!
Avery did so good on our way down! We stopped in Cedar City so I could feed her because we knew if she woke up it would be sometime between Cedar City and St. George....which is about an hour apart. She was a great traveler.
The next morning we took it easy, got up as late as we could...with a baby and all...took our time getting ready, went out and found some breakfast/lunch/brunch. We found some great places to eat on this trip. We went to the outlets and the mall, got pedicures, and went to Tuachan.
Avery LOVED having us sit in the back seat with her.
She smiled the whole time!
Our friend Matt hadn't ever had a pedicure before, and Caroline and I really wanted to get one, my Matt is fine to get them whenever, so we decided to go get one.
We ended up at a crappy place...definitely not a great pedicure, but there were some memorable moments. The owner offered to trade Avery for a pedicure (joking, I think!). The bubbles in the water got SUPER high....
Come to think of it...I'm not sure I've had them put bubbly soap in my water any other place I've gotten a pedicure.
It wasn't quite what we expected, but still....not all bad.
We had heard of a place called Swig from some friends. I had heard about their sugar cookies, and then I saw something on a news show about their drinks. You can get any soda you want with any added flavor, puree, or combo of those that you want in it!
It did not disappoint! I'm hooked on the sugar cookies, and since I don't really like caffeine (it makes me feel sick), I tried a root beer with coconut in it......yummy! Trust me, try it, you'll love it!
We made several stops at this place.....so yummy!
Other places we ate were the Bear Paw Cafe. I had some yummy stuffed french toast...delicious. We ate dinner at Benja Thai & Sushi (Matt and I have gone there before), they had some good food.
We ate lunch at a place called Judd's. They just have grilled cheese, soup and bread sticks, and then the biggest selection of old timey soda you've ever seen!! They also have a big selection of old timey candy. It's a small little place, so quaint, and delicious.
On Sunday when we were on our way out of town we ate at a place called The Egg & I. It was interesting...I got eggs benedict...I've always wanted to try them. It was pretty good!!
We also went to a play at Tuachan while we were there. We saw Thoroughly Modern Millie. I had seen it once before at a local community theater, but I didn't remember a lot of it. It was so fun!! I loved the costumes, songs, it's really funny...they did a great job! So cute!
I know you are thinking, "What did you do with your child, you irresponsible parent?"
Tuachan has a place where you can drop of your kids while you are at the show....so I was brave and left Avery there! It's pretty cool, they give you a buzzer so they can get a hold of you if they need to.....and then in the lobby there are a couple stations where you can scan your buzzer anytime you want and it will bring up the cameras located in the care center, so you can watch your kids. Avery was an angel! I felt really comfortable with the people in charge and I think it went really well!
This was such a nice, relaxing little getaway! Matt and Caroline were awesome and totally obliged when I had to feed Avery, or we had to change her diaper or whatever! I think they really got their eyes opened to what it is like to have a child though. I think I overheard a comment about not realizing how much babies had to eat....or something like that!
Thank you Matt and Caroline for the fun trip!


No comments:
Post a Comment