Saturday, July 26, 2014

Avery's First Thanksgiving

Avery's first Thanksgiving was a total fail in the picture department.  I guess that means we were having too much fun enjoying the moments to worry about capturing any of them.  It's ok, she really only ate milk.  We had talked about starting her on solids at Thanksgiving..that would be fun right?  But we decided it would be too crazy.
We had dinner with Matt's side of the family.  Dinner was delicious!!  We were in charge of the relish tray....the baby dill pickles and the black olives were the big hits!  I think we were into the second can and jar before dinner started.  Matt's brother Jason had to run to the store for something so we had him pick up some more black olives. 
Matt's family is so much fun.  There is always a conversation going to listen to or jump in on.  Matt's oldest nieces love playing with Avery...which is really nice for me!  I really enjoy getting together with that side of the family.
When we got home I made us take a picture to commemorate the day by.

(Yea for 10 second delay!)
I also snapped a few pictures of Matt and Avery playing.  This is how they spend a lot of their time together these days.


I am so thankful for these two!  I'm so thankful that Matt is such a kind, caring husband and father.  I'm so thankful that Avery is such a sweet, happy baby.  I'm so thankful to have them in my life!

No comments: