Monday, July 28, 2014

Matt's Family Christmas Party

We have started doing our Christmas party with Matt's side of the family a few days before Christmas.  It's nice because it frees us up a little bit to enjoy Christmas instead of having to rush to family stuff all day.  Don't get me wrong, I love family parties..but sometimes it can be a bit crazy or stressful trying to get to all of the activities, especially when they are all crammed into one day.
The best part about Christmas with Matt's family is the nativity.  We dress the kids up and have them act it out.
Here they are patiently waiting for everyone to get costumed up.

Everyone had to take a turn standing on the stool....because during the story only the star/angel gets to stand on the stool.  Emily, Matt's oldest niece, decided to be the narrator this year.  It's kind of fun that these kids are getting older....even though I'd love it if they stayed little and silly for a long, long time!


The past few years Matt has had the pleasure of playing the donkey.  We had a different Mary and Joseph than we've had in the past.  
My favorite part...which few people noticed I guess....was when Mary got tired and gave the baby to Joseph....and I'm assuming went off to have a little girl's night/de-stressing ...or even just taking a nap time, because let's face it, newborns can be exhausting!


Luckily Joseph is a good man and held down the fort while Mary took a break...which I'm sure was well deserved!

After the nativity it was time for presents!

Grandpa gave all the grandkids new pajamas!  Rachael was the sweetest aunt every and held Avery while she took a good, long nap!  I'm pretty sure Rachaels arms were dead by the time she was done holding Avery.

Avery's cousin, Hallie, is just a few months younger than her.

Notice that they are wearing the same shirt, just different colors?  I'm pretty sure they will be the best of friends when they get a little older.  They already seem to get a long great!




No comments: