Sunday, January 1, 2012

Mt. Timpanogos

At the beginning of August we went camping with my family at Mt. Timpanogos.  We had to wait until we got off  work before we could leave, so we had everything ready to go and quickly put it in the car and got on the road. Of course it rained that weekend.  It rained on my parents before we got up there, and then once everything had dried out and we got dinner fixed, it rained again!  We spent some time hiding out in the cars while it passed.  We could see a clear patch of sky, so we knew it wouldn't last forever ;)  It got dark just before it rained again, so things weren't drying out very fast, and it had cooled off a lot.  We sat around the fire roasting s'mores and talking.  Jen and I tried to relive our girls camp days with some songs.....that were not very well received with everyone :)  We all got in our tents and got some sleep.  The next morning we woke up early and cleaned up camp.  
This is where tents had been set up, and river was just over that ledge in the background....it was a beautiful camp site.


Me, my sister, and sister-in-law.  Look at our cute matching hair :)

Getting hydrated before the big hike!


Then we had to get ready and get down to the bottom of the trail to hike to the caves in Mt. Timpanogos. We had a pretty early start time.  This hike was a lot steeper than I remember.  It was also a little longer than I remembered....but it was lots of fun!  It was also nice to make it to the top!



It was so nice inside the cave, and so cool.  I didn't remember a lot of it!  How in the world did someone ever  find that cave in the first place?

Thanks mom and dad for the fun time, and all the food!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Looks like a blast! (Every time I do the cave trail I think it's steeper and longer and harder than I thought it was. Every. Single. Time.)