We went to my parent's house for Christmas Eve. My Grandpa Mitchell came down from Idaho to celebrate with us. We had appetizers and dinner (basically TONS of food).
 |
| My parents need a dining room....... |
 |
| Beautiful centerpiece my mom made. LOVE it! |
Then we played a lot!
 |
| Baylee tickled grandpa |
 |
| Owen and grandpa played (sorry it's blurry) |
 |
| Owen tackled Matt. |
 |
| Baylee sang us her favorite Christmas song..."I'm Getting Nuttin' For Christmas" |
 |
| Mom recited a Christmas poem that she memorized as a kid. |
Brian & Karla had a fun Christmas trivia game for us, and Matt & I were in charge of making the "live nativity" happen. But I don't have pictures of any of those things.
Then, we opened presents.
 |
| Matt & I with our present..it was a cruise! I will post about that soon! |
 |
| All of us holding our cruise presents :) |
I made hats for Baylee & Owen (thank you Pinterest)
 |
| Monster hat for Owen |
 |
| Monkey hat for Baylee....this isn't quite finished in this picture...the monkey has lips which makes it look better! |
 |
| Baylee in her Monkey hat, and her dress and skirt from church...that's right, a dress and a skirt! Fashionista! |
I really rocked at taking pictures this year apparently, because I have nothing from the Christmas festivities at our house, or anything from Christmas day besides the hat pictures! We went to church with my family in my parents' ward, then we went to Matt's grandparents' house. We got to see lots of his aunts, uncles, and cousins. We had a party with Matt's family the day after Christmas, and I didn't get my camera out then either. I have a couple pictures on my phone, but they are having trouble downloading..so if I ever get them to work, I'll share them :)
We had a really busy Christmas season. We were able to do a secret Santa project with my family, and also something for several families with Matt's family. We were always running out somewhere to get something, but it was so fun! We are really blessed to have the means to be able to help others at this time of year. Hopefully next year we can still helps others but also take the Christmas season in a little more and enjoy it, instead of running through it :)
2 comments:
Those hats are adorable! You knit? (crochet? whatever....) not that it wasn't true before, but you seriously are the coolest aunt ever.
Look at you blogging! Thanks for the hats! They are so stinking cute! You are talented! You need to teach me!
Post a Comment