Friday, January 27, 2012

One more good year

In December I turned 29.  
The last year of my 20's.  I better make it a good one!
I think I say this every year, but I feel like I should be a lot more mature than I am if I'm really going to be 29.  Matt was so sweet as usual.  He decorated the house with crepe paper strung everywhere.  You really can't see from the pictures how awesome it looked.  


He gave me 2 new coats!  Woo hoo!  The Michael Buble Christmas CD and this little beauty....
I asked for one....just so you don't think Matt is "trying to tell me something".   I figured I need to take better care of my skin since I'm getting older.  This thing is so awesome!  My face feels so smooth and clean when I use it!  It also doesn't take much longer (maybe 1.5 minutes) to wash your face.  Seriously, love it!!  (and they aren't paying me to say this fyi)
We went out to dinner with Matt's sister at Blue Lemon (my new favorite restaurant).  Then we went and saw Arthur Christmas....which we thought wasn't that awesome.  It was cute, but nothing special.  It had one awesome moment near the end, but I can't remember what it was now :)
My family had  a little party for me the Sunday before my birthday.  They got me this pretty cake.



You really can't see how pretty it was, it had tons of little sugar crystals everywhere that looked like sparkly snow.  My mom and dad gave me 2 nutcrackers.  One that is the Wicked Witch of the West, and one that was Glinda the Good Witch (because I like the musical Wicked).  They are way cute, but I don't have pictures.

There are some awesome ladies at my work who decorate everyone's desk for their birthday.  One of them is a Big Bang Theory fan, and so am I so we talk about it from time to time.  So they decorated my desk with atoms and big bang theory quotes.



I'm sure this year is going to be great, and I'm sure I'm over reacting about getting "old" :)

1 comment:

Amy said...

Old Schmold. (Wait...that doesn't sound better...) HAPPY BIRTHDAY!