The second grandparent to turn 90 this year was Grandma Laird (my dad's mom).
Doesn't she look gorgeous?
We ate dinner and then watched a video/slide show that my dad made about my grandma's life. It was awesome!
Some of the great-grand kids and grandkids.
The other party people! My dad's brother, and sisters and cousins..
Here is my grandma with 2 of her sisters. They were HILARIOUS! They started telling stories about when they were younger, and about my grandma. My grandma is one feisty little lady! She played catcher for the softball team, and I can't remember all the details, but she threw a bat at one of the players.....don't mess with her :)
And here is my family sitting around having a good time!
My grandma Laird is an awesome lady! She is extremely talented. She used to paint and make porcelain dolls and other things like that. My grandpa passed away over 30 years ago, so she has been "on her own" all that time. I think that right there shows her strength. But she's also gotten through it extremely gracefully. She has hobbies and friends and things that have kept her busy. She's loving and concerned about us! I learned more about her "courtship" with my grandpa from the video. They were an adorable little couple and I learned a lot about marriage from hearing their story.
I love my grandma Laird so much and I'm so grateful for her influence in my life.




1 comment:
Steph, you have the cutest blog! Love the "nonagenarian" term--I didn't even know that was a real word! Wow.
I remember seeing lots of painted dolls, and I think plates from this grandma of yours?
Super sweet lady. She's lucky to have a granddaughter like yourself. : )
Post a Comment