A nonegenarian is someone who is 90 through 99 years old. Two of my grandparents joined that club this year!
First up was Grandpa Mitchell's birthday (my mom's dad).
We had a yummy lunch.
Then my mom and her sisters tortured my grandpa by making him wear this robe and crown.
They made up for it though. The only thing to bring a smile like this is.........
All of the great-grandkids singing a song to grandpa! He loves the great-grand kids! He always has treats on hand to bribe them to some sit with him ;)
Then it was time for more torture.......a.k.a. taking tons of pictures :)
Grandpa with his brothers and sisters and my grandma's brothers and sisters!
This picture didn't work out so well, as you can see....but it's grandpa with all the great-grandkids...or at least all the kids we could get into the picture!
Next we did grandkids and great-grandkids...this worked out a little bit better....
Then we did just the grandkids. We are only missing two of us! They both happened to be living on the other side of the world and couldn't make it for the party...go figure :) The weird thing about this is it seems like a really small group. When we were young I loved the fact that there were "so many" cousins on this side of the family! I always had so much fun hanging out with my cousins. I guess we've just added so many spouses that it seems weird to have it to the "original" group.
Here are the grandkids with the spouses. We are missing 3 husbands who had to work (mine included!).
Here is my mom with her siblings. My mom is the one on the right, her twin is standing next to her. Did you notice that they are wearing the same sweater? Did you also notice that their other sister is wearing the same sweater, just in a different color? These ladies are so funny. They had gone shopping together 3 or so months before this and bought these sweaters. They all just decided to wear them that day, no one called anyone to arrange it. That's why sisters are the best ;)
And here are all the kids with their spouses. Great group of people right here! These people have been excellent role models to me throughout my life.
Next we tried to do a group shot of each of the children's families with grandpa....
This is the most successful picture of my family.....
and this is how many attempts we had.......
Anyway, it was so much fun to celebrate my grandpa. We all gave him a small gift that had to do with a memory we have of him. My memory had to do with the temple, so I gave him a homemade magnet with the Ogden Temple on it. My grandparents live in Burley, ID so we didn't get to see them all the time. They were really great about coming to visit us. When I was younger, it seemed like they ALWAYS stopped at the temple before they got to our house. I would come home from school expecting them to be there, and they would still be at the temple. So one time I complained to my mom that if we didn't live by the temple they probably wouldn't come visit us as often because that seemed like the only reason they came to Ogden! My mom explained that it was a good thing, and that they still loved us and would have visited us no matter where we live. I'm so grateful for their example! They taught me a lot about how important temple attendance is.
I love my Grandpa Mitchell, and I'm so glad he's still around! Here's hoping there are many more birthdays in the future (even though that might not be what he wants :))


1 comment:
Love Grandpa Mitchell! What do you use to make your collages of the photos? I want that! Can you email me or something? It's awesome!
Post a Comment