Monday, April 15, 2013

Remember the time we were Thankful?

I'm going all the way back to Thanksgiving!  We had it with my family this year.  My mom's sister and half of her kids joined us.  It was great!  It's like the Thanksgivings we used to have with my mom's family!  TONS of good food, and a craft :)  Back when I was a kid my grandma would have a craft for us to do after dinner had been put away.  A lot of times it was a Christmas decoration.  My aunt Marilyn found a Thanksgiving/Christmas craft for us to do, so that was awesome!  I actually don't have pictures of it!  It was block letters that spelled out "Grateful" on one side and "Christ" on the other (obviously a few letters don't get used twice).  Then, there is a long skinny board that you put the letters on.  One side says "Count Your Blessings" and the other side says "The Reason for the Season."  Google it, I'm sure you could find it out there somewhere!  :)  
That was an unexpected tangent.  We had Thanksgiving at our clubhouse (we live in a townhouse..and we have a clubhouse for big parties!).


My Grandpa Mitchell came too!  A little bit against his will, but he was a good sport :)


Thanksgiving has the best food!


And the best desserts!  We are definitely a dessert loving family :)

My sister and cousin have kids right around the same ages so they were able to play and have fun together!  

Owen & Oliver

Piper and Baylee
They didn't even have to sit at the kids table!
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of cute little baby Kylie (my brother's baby) but she was there too :)

Once we were all sitting down to dinner...

Matt and I took that opportunity to announce that we were expecting a baby!

Matt stood up and took the above picture, and then said, "Let's get another one just in case!  On 3 everyone say 'Steph's having a baby!'"  and then he took all of these shots....








It was fun!  My sister and brother have the best expressions!  They are kind of hiding everyone behind them though..I'm sure my mom had a pretty good expression as well :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

LOVE the expressions on Brian and Jen's faces! What a cute way to announce it!
And I'm coming to your clubhouse for Thanksgiving next year ---talk about delicious looking food!