Monday, September 5, 2011

Vegas Baby!

We went to Las Vegas over Memorial Day weekend.  We stayed at the Venetian.
It was a pretty awesome place!  I've always wanted to stay there....something about it being "Italian themed"...I love anything to do with Italy.
 We had a lot of fun watching the Bellagio fountains...so awesome!
 We hung out with lots of famous people ;)

We walked through the little botanical garden at Bellagio....pretty awesome!
 This "painting" is all flowers!
 We also spent some time eating frozen hot chocolate from Serendipity....Las Vegas was really hot..so we needed to take a break now and then to cool down ;)
 We saw the Phantom of the Opera.  It is at the Venetian.  They've built a theater just for this musical, which is awesome!!!  It is so pretty, and it's nice and open.  They've added some cool effects since it's in Vegas and has it's very own theater.  There are some pyrotechnics and other fun stuff.  Loved it!  I don't know why I like this musical so much.....it's actually pretty creepy I realized...but I still like it!
I didn't get a picture of it, but we went shopping a lot too.  H&M!  We also went to the coke factory/store, and got sick drinking coke products from around the world.  On our way home we stayed in St. George and had fun eating and swimming there too!  What a great relaxing get-away.

1 comment:

Laura G said...

Fun trip! I tried to make frozen hot chocolate the other night...ha ha, not a success!!! PS. I love that wax museum, such a cool place. Glad you both got to get away for a while.