Friday, October 15, 2010

Party like it's your 1st Anniversary!

For our 1 year anniversary we decided to spend a few days in Park City. We stayed at a resort at the Canyons. I had been NEEDING (seriously) a pedicure, but I hadn't had time before we left so I asked Matt if I could get one in Park City. When we go to our room I called around to a few places checking prices, and Matt looked for a place to go eat shushi! In the mean time...I talked Matt into getting a pedicure with me!!! I mean if he's just gonna be sitting there waiting for me anyway, he might as well get one too! :)


I think he enjoyed it! He also let me get a manicure too (what an awesome guy!!). We went to a tiny little place called Shoyu Sushi for dinner.

(Looks good, right?)




And it was.....so yummy!


It was pooring rain that night but we wanted to go check out the indoor/outdoor pool, so we did! But, it was just a little bit cold...so that didn't last very long! We got in the hottub to get warm. Sometimes I can't stay in hottubs for too long because I get too hot, but with the cold rain it was just perfect!!


The next day we went to the outlets! We found some decent deals, and some things were just cute even though they weren't on sale. We also went to main street and walked up and down....mostly trying to figure out where we should eat dinner, haha! We had a book with some coupons so we were trying to find something in a reasonable price range. We ended up at the Eating Establishment. I can't believe how empty park city was. The last time I was there was for Sundance, so obviously there were tons of people, but it was practically vacant!


The next day we got up kind of early because we needed to pack all our stuff and get out of our room by 10. We had tickets to Thriller at the Egyptian Theater, so we needed to kill a little time. We went over the the Olympic Park. There were skiers practicing their jumping skills into the pool. And we also walked through the Olympic Museum. It was fun to remember all the excitement of the 2002 winter olympics!


These guys were seriously amazing!!!




And take a look at these two awesome skiers ;)




We went over to main street a little early to find a magnent souvenier. When we got there they had the streets all blocked off for a porsche car show.

We were at a store right across from the Egyptian theater buying our magnent when someone taped me on my shoulder. It was my cousin Marcie! She and her husband were there for her birthday which was going to actually be the next day. We got talking and realized that we both had tickets for Thriller. When we started comparing seats, we realized we were going to be sitting RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER! How crazy is that?


It was such an awesome, relaxing weekend! I'm so happy to have been married to Matt for a year! This first year has been awesome. It went by so fast, and yet we've done so much fun stuff, I can't believe how much we were able to fit in! Matt is the best husband anyone could ever have! I seriously can't believe how lucky I am to have him in my life forever!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I love that he does everything with you. Looks like you had a BLAST!

Laura G said...

Someone might want to steal Matt's man card for that. Not me though and I'm showing Tyson that picture, so cool....they are awesome!!! All guys should get them. Although Tyson's toes are freaky scary. :) Fabulous anniversary celebration. How are you going to top that next year? Matt & Megan switch off years planning it, I wish we had started that. Good idea.

The Hodsons said...

Has it been a year? Sounds like a fun packed weekend. I especially love that he got a pedicure with you. My Mom and I were saying once when we were getting them that guys would love it. Happy Anniversary!!