Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Sundance



I decided it would be fun to go up to the Sundance Film Festival in Park City. I dragged Matt there with me. My original goal was to see if I could find John Krasinski (he plays Jim on The Office) because he had a film that he had written, directed and starred in...or something like that. Well...we got there a little bit too late, and he had already gone into the theater...dang! We did get to see his "entourage" arrive...they actually had a sign on the car that said "entourage". So..then my next goal was just to find anyone famous. I don't know why....I just thought it would be fun I guess. So, we hopped on a shuttle and went over to main street. We happened to get off very near the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory...so of course we had to stop and get a treat! Then, we just walked up the street...into some random shops. We passed the Harley Davidson store, and then I remembered that I knew someone who worked there, so we should go back and check if she was in that day. I noticed a group of people standing by the door...and just by the way they were dressed I assumed one of them was probably an actor or something...I saw a bald man who I thought looked a little familiar, but I wasn't sure. The store has 2 huge wooden doors, and one of the men was leaning up against one of the doors, so I opened the other one and went in...but right as I was walking in the door, I looked at the guy leanin on the other door and realized that he was the famous one. It was Benjamin Bratt! For those of you who don't know, he's the guy in Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock. He was on Law & Order for a long time...i was never really a fan of that show...but anyway! So, we were standing just inside the door, and I was telling Matt who it was. Then, he and his "entourage" walked in! So..I asked the girls at the counter if my friend was there, but she had that day off. Then, we almost walked out, but Matt talked me into getting my picture taken with Benjmin Bratt. He asked him for me...because all of a sudden, I got really shy! Well, we kept walking up and down the street looking for famous people. There were a lot of people who looked like they probably were famous, but we didn't know who they were. We did see see someone on a balcony of one of the shops.....we're pretty sure it's Rihanna. We also saw some people who were dressed really crazy. When we were crossing the street with a group of people, there was a guy taking a picture of someone else crossing the street....and I realized it was the guy who plays Ryan from High School Musical. But we were behind him, and then he went up another street to get away...so I never got a picture of him. Oh well...it was silly. We also saw Wynonna Judd. She was walking down the side of tent before going inside it to perform. We paused behind her while she was getting ready to go in. Her "people" were adjusting her outfit for her. She looked super tan and her hair was really orange/redish...very interesting.

We saw some really crazy people! They wear weird outfits....probably for the attention, but still...i'm not sure you'd catch me out there like that! We also saw our friend Tim!


After we decided we'd had enough fun, we went to Cafe Sabor at Kimball Junction for dinner. So yummy!! It was really fun to go hang out in cute little Park City and "star search!"

2 comments:

Erin said...

WAY COOL!!!! That looked like soooo much fuN! You're awesome Steph.. and I feel like I haven't done anything with you in AGES!!!!! let's do something sometime :) LOVE YOU!!!!

susie tesch said...

That is a way cute picture of the two of you. I think Im going to drag Ryan up there I think that sounds way fun looking for famous people.