I decided these little guys had overstayed their welcome when they ATE the eclairs I had made. I was having some friends over for dinner, and had wanted to try making eclairs. I made the shells and left them out to cool while I made the pudding filling. Then, I went upstairs to shower and get ready. I came down about 45 minutes later to get them finished up and the were COVERED in ants! At least the 3 closest to the wall were, and then there were a few ants here and there on the other 6. I don't have pictuers of this because I was in "freak-out!" mode and just doing everything I could to get rid of them. They were not only all over the eclair shells, but also covereing the crack between the counter and the wall (hundreds of them!).
They were coming up and going down the counter from the side of the stove. I got the vaccuum out and vaccumed them up, but they just kept coming! Luckily Matt got home and we were able to get the rest of them taken care of. I had dreams about them for the next few nights!
The very last straw for me was a couple days later when I opened my laptop that I usually have sitting on the floor in a corner of the family room and there were 4 ants! Then, I set it down on the coffee table and when I picked it up there were about 5 more ants running around on the coffee table! We called the exterminator the next day! He came and put some stuff in the corners that would attract the ants, and then they would take it back to their homes and it would kill them and the other ants in the hole. That is what the above pictures are from..you have to just let them be! I thought that was gross....until I couldn't see them in the corner anymore and knew they were crawling through my carpet somewhere!!! I would rather see where they were at!
We haven't had a significant ant sighting in about a week.....so we're keeping our fingers crossed that our visitors have left the building.
2 comments:
BOO FOR ANTS!!!
Oooh, I shuttered when I saw these pictures!! I hate anything creepy and crawly. I'm glad you are ant free for now.
Post a Comment