Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Valentine's Weekend

Yes, it was over 2 months ago, but I know that all 3 of you are dying to know what we did for Valentine's day, so thanks for waiting! We decided to play it low key. The Friday before Valentine's day we babysat a couple of our nephews. It was so much fun. Chase is 3 and he's quite a smart kid! He see's the world in a very unique and creative way as most 3 year olds do, so he gave us some good laughs.
For example we told Chase we were going to make milk shakes. We were getting cleaned up from dinner so it was taking us a little while to make them. After a little while Chase said, "Hey, where's my milk shake?" Matt jokingly said, "I'll come shake you." Chase replied, "Don't shake it, make it!" Haha, I don't know if that comes across when you read it, but we were laughing for a while!

Saturday we wanted to watch the olympics so we hurried to a wedding reception, got take out from Pei Wei, and went home and watched the Olympics! Very romantic I know, but it was actually really fun. We made chocolate malt milk shakes and sat back and relaxed.

Matt is a morning person...and I am not. So on sunday he got up and made me breakfast.......

pink heart shaped pancakes! So sweet!

We had to make our heart shaped sugar cookies a week before because that was when we actually had time! They turned out....interesting....my frosting making abilities aren't quite like my mom's!





No comments: