Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ladies, Knights and Margaritas!


Back in May, Matt and I went to the Renisance Festival. I heard about it on the news and just had to go! I think part of the reason is that I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan, and Luke's sister(character from the show) worked the Renisance Festival circuit. I just thought it sounded like a good time to go and see it all. We tried the giant chicken leg....or maybe it was turkey....it was a giant leg for any bird whatever it was. We watched the jousting tournament...intense!! They used wooden lances that would split and spray pieces everywhere...they rarely made it to the crowd, but you kind of had to look out just in case. Then, we went and enjoyed a GIANT turkey leg. It was like pulling teeth to get the meat off the bonrs..but it was quite the great culinary experience! We just walked around looking at all of the vendors. We looked at some of the clothing being sold (looked good on, but really where would you wear it?), almost thought about buying a paper upbrella (not sure how the whole asian paper umbrella is renisance..but they sure sold a lot of them), and had a grand old time just walking around. While we were there we decided that we should hang out with our friends Russ and Alysa. We decided a game night sounded like a great idea. I was craving hint of lime tortilla chips and salsa and margaritas (that we had at Alysa's bridal shower the night before). So, that's what we did! The margaritas are virgin of course, don't anyone be getting any ideas! We had a great time making them, and eating the chips...we found that the margaritas also make a great chip dip. Thanks to russ for that one. It was quite the great day...and only like 2 months ago..so late on the post!!












No comments: