Monday, June 15, 2009

Memory Lane Monday: Greatest fan, or greatest man??

Do you have certain songs that when you hear them you just have to listen? Usually for me they are songs that remind me of jr. high and high school. I got in my car today and I'll Be by Edwin McCain was playing on the radio! This is one of those songs for me. I remember this song probably from 9th grade! I had to listen to it! Well....as I was listening to it I was of course singing along, and it reminded me that there are a few words I'm not sure about in the song. When I used to sing along with it "back in the day" I would switch back and forth between which lyrics I chose to sing that particular time. Was he saying, "I'll be your crying shoulder." or "I'll be your crying soilder"? Is he "the greatest fan of your life" or "the greatest man of your life"? Well I looked it up and just so you know, it's shoulder and fan.....hopefully no one noticed when I sang it with the other lyrics! I think I will always like this song. It's a pretty great love ballad song, Edwin's voice is awesome, and it's just one of those songs. Here's a link to the lyrics , just so you can check up on any words you might have sung wrong.

Here is a youtube video where you can listen to the song.

1 comment:

Michael and Rachel said...

I LOVE that you posted about this song! Its a good one, that I wasn't quite sure about either. And now with the internet what it is, we can look almost any song up and hit our forehead with a "Duh!" and move on with our lives. I appreciate the clarification. :)