Summer always makes me feel like camping...not real camping....the kind where you pull up to a campspot with a cement fire pit and if you are lucky flushing toilets just a few yards away...if you are less lucky outhouses. Since our baby was not even 2 months old yet, that seemed like a bad idea. Luckily we live by a little place called Muller Park. It is up by the mountains in Bountiful...I guess it's technically on the mountain. They have the cement fire pits and pick nick tables. It has a river/stream going through it and it makes you feel like you are doing the real thing...but you aren't allowed to stay the night...so there's no temptation there!
We went with our friends the Hatch's and the Kleins.
We had leftover pulled pork from Avery's baby blessing, hot dogs and, of course, s'mores to cook over the fire.
Avery was a peach and hung out in her carseat/stroller most of the time just snoozing away!
When she did wake up her dad worked on their "tricks".....which her mom was not happy about!
I'm not sure Avery looks thrilled about it either!
The Hatch's little boy Logan played in the river most of the time....
..since he is a 2 year old boy this seems completely appropriate....and at least he wasn't interested in the fire!!
We had so much fun just eating and talking. It was nice to be out in the fresh air and the beautiful surroundings.
Avery was getting hungry....but I needed a picture of the family before the light was gone! Why, oh why did I allow so many pictures (in fact, I think I instigated most of them) of my still losing the baby weight self?? I am hoping that some day I will look back at them and be grateful for them...and not care about how bad I looked, but love that I have pictures of my cute family together!
I am hoping that we will do this again next year! Maybe real camping...but this will do if we don't make it!


No comments:
Post a Comment