The day after we got home from the hospital was the 4th of July! None of my siblings had been able to come to the hospital to meet Avery yet. My brother and his wife and daughter came first. I was still so out of it and didn't think to take any pictures! Luckily my sister thought about taking pictures when she came to visit next! She had just had twins in March, so we took a picture of all the babies.
| Ethan, Avery, Luke |
Of course Baylee and Owen had to get in on the picture action! They were sporting some new sun glasses from Grandma.
| Baylee, Owen, Ethan, Avery, Luke |
Baylee was in baby heaven! She loved that there were so many babies to look at!
Avery was being patriotic in her 4th of July onesie.
Matt had been having a sharp pain in his lower abdomen the previous week and today it had gotten a lot worse. My mom and I talked him into going to instacare. They thought it was probably an infection or appendicitis. They couldn't get him in for an ultrasound since it was a holiday, so they gave him an anti-biotic and sent him home. The pain continued getting worse throughout the day.
Our friends brought us dinner that night. They have a baby who was about a month older than Avery "gestationally", but he had decided to come extra early and was born in April! We decided to compare the babies and take some pictures of their first meeting, since they will obviously be great friends some day!
They were about the same size...Mason's head was a little bigger. Matt was still in pain, so Mason's dad, Chad offered to take Matt to the ER. We said we would let him know. Later that night, Matt's pain continued getting worse and worse. He called his sister Jenny, who was in South Weber, to ask if she could take him to the ER when she was done with fireworks at their dad's house. Then right after that the pain escalated even more! I told him we should call Chad and have Jenny meet them at the ER. I called Chad because Matt was in so much pain he couldn't even talk!
This was crazy! I couldn't believe he was so sick and I couldn't go help him! I sat on the couch feeding Avery and watching all the fireworks that were going off around our house through the windows. It was quite the site! I was missing Matt though.
Jenny kept me updated. At first they thought it was appendicitis, but they did a scan to make sure. His appendix wasn't inflamed, so they decided it was an infection in a gland behind the colon. They gave him a bunch of pain medication and sent him home to continue the anti-biotic. He got home around 1 or 2 in the morning. He doesn't remember it at all. He talked to me though. Poor guy!
So long story short, we still don't know what is causing the pain, it wasn't the infection. Luckily Matt is strong, because he's had to deal with a lot the last few months! That is a whole different post though. Little Avery's first 4th of July turned out to be a lot more exciting than I expected!

1 comment:
Ugh, so sorry Matt had a horrible fourth of July! Is he doing ok now?
Post a Comment