Tuesday, December 10, 2013

1 Month Old

We survived the first month!  

Here is a synopsis of the first month:

Daddy and baby's first picture together.

First family picture..(oy!)



Coming Home
Matt had two weeks of paternity leave!  I was so scared to take care of this baby by myself!  It was nice to have the second week for me to get used to things.  There was a lot of cuddling....and well...there still is!





My mom was there the first week.  We wouldn't have survived without her!!  There was one day that we were supposed to take Avery to the Dr. but both Matt and I were on percocet.  My mom drove us around to the Dr. and to run some other errands....that was the least of what she did!!  

I took a bunch of pictures trying to show Avery's blond spot.  She has a little tuft of hair that is blond!  We aren't sure if it means she will have blond hair...or if she will have a random patch of blond hair while the rest is a different color.  It's kind of hard to see...and it's not easy to get a "cute" picture of that angle of her head...but check it out!

This is my parents with all of their grandkids.  They went from 2 to 6 (including a set of twins) in one years time!  As you can tell it's hard to get a good picture with this many little ones!  I'm pretty sure Kylie is a blur in almost all of them!  She's an active little 10 month old!
Grandma, Avery(2 weeks), Baylee(5yrs), Ethan(3 mths), Owen (3 yrs), Kylie(10 mths), Grandpa, Luke(3 mths)
There was obviously a lot of sleeping, milk drunkenness, and stretching.  She would do the cutest little stretch when I picked her up where she would put her hands up by her ears and arch her back as far back as she could.  Her face would get the cutest look on it, she would purse her lips, and scrunch her face up, yet stretch it out at the same time.  Melted my heart every time!  It was so cute and sweet!

I cried when we changed from newborn to size 1 diapers.  Avery hadn't even completely outgrown the newborns.  We had just run out of them, and we had some size 1's and we figured she was close enough.  I was sitting in Avery's room rocking her, and Matt was working on some stuff in her room and decided to get the 1's out and put away.  I started bawling and laughing all at the same time.  I realized how ridiculous it was that I was crying over diapers, but at the same time I couldn't believe it was all ready time to move on!  She was getting too big too fast!  Matt couldn't help but laugh, and luckily I was laughing along with him through all my tears!

We had some super cute outfits in the newborn size that we needed to have her wear, but not many places to wear them!  We made sure she got good use out of them though.


It was definitely a challenging month, but it was so fun at the same time!!


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I'm totally with you on the "cry over big diapers" thing. I remember when Alisa was born, my friend was changing her two year-old with a size 5 or something. It looked ENORMOUS. I vowed my child would never get big enough to wear anything other than a size 1! I just didn't want her to grow up! Alas, it happened, but it's ok.
Your baby is SO so sweet!