Monday, August 31, 2009

Blog slacker with an excuse

Well, I decided I couldn't let this whole month go by without one tiny little post! For those of you who don't know....I'm engaged! It happened July 3rd (yeah, a while ago, i know!). That might explain why I haven't been blogging though. Ever since then I feel like all I've done is eat, sleep, and drink wedding plans and housing plans and all of that fun stuff that comes with growing up and getting married all at the same time! One of the reasons it took me so long to blog about this is I have been wanting to get the pictures from Matt from that night (not that we remembered to take any after he actually proposed) and I wanted to take a picture of my ring. I had many failed attempts by myself..but Matt finally helped me and a few turned out pretty decent!
It's still way more gorgeus in real life of course, but this will have to do. (and you'll still have to wait for pictures because I can't find where I saved them to my computer!!) Matt designed it himself and it's perfect! I love it! I definitely don't deserve it. I totally ruined the whole night that he asked me to marry him. He blind folded me and took me to diner at The Roof. Which I guessed a head of time, because he told me to dress up. I also guessed that he was going to propose, because of the same reason. He tried to convince me he wasn't going to, and almost had me convinced when he emptied his pockets for me. The Roof was delicious! I was so stuffed! After dinner, he blindfolded me again and drove around Salt Lake. I had no idea where we were. He got me out the car, still blindfolded, and walked me down the street a few feet or so, then had me sit on a bench. I could hear some random dance music in the background..and wondered where we were, but when he told me to take off the blindfold, I was so shocked to see him kneeling there with the ring and flowers! I know, I had been teasing him all night that he was going to do it, but when he actually did..it still surprised me! We were in front of the Capitol Theater which is where we went for our first date(the random music was coming from a club across the street by the way), and we also slept outside of it to get tickets to Wicked. So we have some great memories there. It was great! Sorry I ruined it Matty! So, now wedding plans are in full swing. We are getting married in the Ogden Temple on October 9th. We are trying to buy a townhouse, but it's a short sale and that is about the most annoying thing in the world! Overall I think we are pretty happy...if you can get past the stress...and having a great time!
I have tons of other things I could post about...I went on a cruise, 4th of July, but the only other pictures I can offer at this moment are our engagement pictures! Ashley Mcfarlane did them, and they are nothing short of amazing....in my humble opinion :) Seriously though, I can't say enough good things about her! We had so much fun! Check them out if you want, she posted tons to her blog! Otherwise...see you in September!

3 comments:

JenBerger said...

I'm excited!

The Hodsons said...

Stephanie I'm so happy for you guys!! I love how the pictures turned out! Can't wait to see pictures of your ring :)

Michael and Rachel said...

Those engagements are fabulous! After seeing those Steph, I think you could be a model. Seriously cute.