I decided to do a Valentine's Day countdown for Matt. I started on Feb. 1st. and went up to Valentine's day. I made little envelop "pockets" and painted clothespins and hung them on some twine. It looked super cute hanging above my sliding door...until it kept falling down. I didn't have a great way of hanging it up. So I put it around the tree in my entryway and it looks "ok".
I didn't take pictures of most of the stuff that we did but it was stuff like:
- tell or write 5 reasons you love your spouse
- candle light dinner at home ( I got a picture of this one!)
- watch the next Dave Ramsey video (I knew Matt would love this one! plus the next video was about relationships and money.,..kind of valentinesy right?)
- make valentine sugar cookies (we invited Matt's brother and his family..so fun!)
- date night with friends
- write love letters to each other
- "heart attack" (I just had a picture of a heart in the pocket...he didn't know what it meant, but I got pictures...I heart attacked our whole house)
- "heart-healthy" activity (running, bike riding)
- make valentine cards
- "chick flick" movie night
- Happy Birthday Matt! (his birthday is in February, we went to dinner with my parents and went to the Off Boradway Theater's improv show)
- valentine's "date night" dinner
Some of the things didn't get accomplished...no biggie...Matt had a lot of homework those two weeks, so I knew we might not get everyting done. Maybe I'll try again next year :)
P.S. I try not to make huge expectations on Valentine's day....we don't really get presents for each other...but we still like to make it a little bit special. So I definitley wasn't expecting this to show up on my door step!
Those are chocolate covered strawberries YUM!
2 comments:
That was such a sweet idea Steph!! Sounds like it worked out so great. :D
You are so creative!!! I am inspired :)
Post a Comment