Sunday, November 1, 2009

The Honeymoon Dreams Are Made Of!

We went to San Diego, CA for our honeymoon! We wanted to have stuff to do, and yet get to relax. My grandparents let each grandchild use one of their timeshare units to trade anywhere that they can trade for their honeymoon. We ended up staying about 45 minutes away from San Diego in a place called Ramona. It's a smaller town...we actually haven't figured out why there are condos there.....we hear there are lots of horses somewhere around the town.


Anyway! The nice thing about a condo is we had a kitchen, so we could stay in and eat or go out if we wanted. We stayed at the Grand America the night of our wedding, and then we had to get up....not super early, but still in the morning time to make our flight to San Diego. We drove to the airport and parked the car, luckily there wasn't a long line at security because we only had time to run to cinnabon for breakfast....starving again!! Then we hurried to our gate, we sat and ate for maybe 8 minutes, and then boarded the plane and were off! We rented a car and drove to our condo. We were again, starving! I don't know why....we just got super hungry. We decided to find a grocery store in Ramona and explore it a little bit.


We first went to a Quiznos. We got a Classic Italian....yummy! I really haven't eaten there a ton, but it was amazing! Hit the spot dead on! I had a bag that said "Bride" on it that I was using as a purse and the lady at Quiznos gave us a free cookie because we were on our honeymoon...so nice! We don't have any pictures of the first few days, because we forgot a camera! We went to the grocery store after that and got some food to make during the week. We also rented the Hannah Montana movie...I know, I have the best husband in the world!! We just slept and got caught up on our t.v. shows online the next couple of days. We found a church and went to Sacrament Meeting on Sunday, but I actually wasn't feeling great, and we were both so tired still that we just left after that and continued the sleeping and eating and watching t.v.


On Monday, we drove in to San Diego, stopped by a Walmart and bought a camera, and then went to Sea World! I was so excited! I love whales and dolphins and I was pretty excited about seeing sharks that couldn't get me because they were in tanks! We had a ton of fun! We saw the sea lion show....it was Halloween themed and way cute! The dolphin show was closed, but we saw them in their tanks getting trianed...I think Dolphins are such happy animals!! We saw the Shamu show, it was amazing!! They did some amazing flips and jumps and dives!! It was so great! After that, we walked through some of the other aquarium exhibits that we hadn't seen yet, but we really weren't feeling it anymore. We saw all the unique big fish....and looking at all the smaller random fish was not impressive at this point.









Before we headed back to the condo, we stopped at a mall that we had found an H&M! I convinced Matt to try on some clothes too and he ended up getting a sweater. I got a couple of shirts.....I was happy! Then one last stop at the pretzel cart.





Tuesday we took it easy for a while....trying to wake up....and then we got ready and headed to San Diego again. We went to the San Diego temple and did a session, it is a beautiful temple! Then we went to La Jolla beach. We stopped at Subway on the way and grabbed "lunch". We got there near sunset time, so we ate our sandwhiches and then walked in the water and took pictures. It was romanitc! I mean who doesn't want to walk barefoot, hand in hand with their husband down the beach while the sun is setting on their honeymoon?





We woke up super bright and early on Wednesday. We had decided to make the 2 hour drive to Disneyland! I love Disneyland, and I've always wanted to go during Halloween, so since we figured we'd probably never be just 2 hours away during Halloween again, we went! So much fun!! We went on Space Mountain first thing because they have made it "haunted" for Halloween so there was a high demand. We got buttons that said "Just Married" so people knew! It was raining that day, so I got a poncho....gotta protect the hair!! It wasn't so bad though, because we didn't have to wait more than 20 minutes in line to ride a ride! We went to California Adventures too! The fireworks at night were amazing!! They were spooky Halloween fireworks! I loved them! We were so tired by the time we got back to the condo, I don't think either of us remember much of anything....I slightly remember putting stuff away in the fridge, but we were out cold!










We woke up the next morning and had a hard time getting started. We were still so tired. We finally drug ourselves to the San Diego Zoo. We rode the bus around the zoo, and then we rode the sky cab thing over and back. After that, we were pretty much done with that. We had gone because we wanted to make our 3 for 1 San Diego pass worth it.....we felt like we got good enough use out of it!















We went and walked around Old Town San Diego for a little while, then headed back to the Condo. It was time to get packed up and ready to leave the next day....sad! It was the best honeymoon ever!! We had such a good time, and pretty much dreaded coming back to real life....but I guess most good things come to an end!

2 comments:

The Hodsons said...

Steph, you look so pretty!!! I love all the wedding pictures and honeymoon pics!!! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun and made some fun memories...DOn't you just love the Ogden temple? That's where Ty and I got hitched, and I love it!!!

Laura G said...

You look and sound SOOO happy! We went to Sea World too, got rained out, had to go back to the hotel...dang it. ;)

So glad you had such a fun time!