Sunday, March 22, 2009

Spring Break Las Vegas


I don't get Spring Break anymore, because I'm done with school. I guess it's part of "growing up." Luckily I have a brother who still gets Spring Break! Brian is planning on working the whole summer, so he wanted to do the "family vacation" during Spring Break. We got a condo in Las Vegas and drove on down there. I was a little unsure about the destination, because since I don't drink, or gamble, or pretty much anything else that Vegas is famous for, I wasn't sure what we would do for a week. I decided it would be ok though because I could always just relax and catch up on my reading and also because they had H&M (aka - the best store ever!). So, the first couple of days we didn't do much. We tried to go to church on Sunday, but found out that they were having a broadcast stake conference for the whole entire area. We went and looked at the Las Vegas Temple. On Monday we went shopping and then to the strip to get tickets to a magic show that we got to go to for free because of our condo. Tuesday we went to the magic show and hung out by the "lazy river" at our condo. On Wednesday we went to the Tournament of Kings where you eat dinner with your hands while you watching jousting and stuff. We were in the draggon section so we were cheering for the bad guy. On Thursday we spent the whole day at the Thomas and Mack center watching the Mountain West men's basketball tournament. We saw 4 games. We were there for 2 sessions, and there were 2 games in each session. Inbetween sessions we walked to the Hard Rock Cafe, because we didn't want to try and get our car out and it was the closest place. We stopped at the Hoover dam and took the tour on Friday on our way home. It was pretty educational. It's so HUGE! It was a way fun trip, I got lots of reading done, and lots of rest.

THe Las Vegas Temple

H&M (aka the best store ever!)

Waiting for waters at Belagio.

Steve Wyrick the magician.
The Red Rocks.
No spoons for the soup!
Watching some basketball.


Underground at Hoover Dam.

1 comment:

susie tesch said...

it looks like you guys had a fun time in vegas. Its always nice to just get away for a few days and relax.