Monday, October 20, 2008

Kia Kaha!




I LOVE "true life" sports movies! I know they are glammed up for "Hollywood" but they are way inspiring in spite of that! Like the movie Rudy! I love it when all the players go to the coach before the last game and tell him that Rudy can have their spot! What team unity! And at the very end when the game is getting to a close, and the players on the team start chanting for Rudy, and then it spreads to the whole stadium! I need a box of tissue by this point! I saw the best movie this weekend. Forever Strong is about the Highland Rugby Team, and a boy that gets in trouble with the law and had to go to the Wasatch Youth Detention Center. His time there will be shortened by participating on the team. He learns how to do the most with his life that he can! They also do the Haka! I think that has to be one of the coolest...and maybe scariest...traditions! They explain what it means, which definitely helps add to the story. I won't give too much away, but I loved this movie, and I was trying to do the Haka the whole way home (haha!!).

These movies always seem to teach us that if you are living right on and off the field, there's nothing you can't achieve!


No comments: