Last week Matt (the guy I've been dating) took me to the BYU vs. University of New Mexico football game! I LOVE college football, and I'm a huge BYU fan!! My family and I went to the Las Vegas bowl 2 years ago to watch BYU defeat the Oregan Ducks! Anyway, it was he coldest day we've had since last winter, so I was layered up and ready for the cold! I had my underarmor shirt under my BYU shirt, and then I had my BYU beenie, and my blue and gray coat (convienient coincidence). I was ready for the cold, and to show my support!! Well, when we got out of the car, Matt grabbed his sweatshirt out of the car....it was a gray hoodie that said Utah in big red letters. I looked at him (I'm sure the look on my face implied some degree of stupidity) and asked what he was doing with that. He said it was the only sweatshirt he could grab on his way out the door. I then asked if he realized where we were, and what we were doing.....again...I'm sure the look on my face implied some sort of stupidity. He proceeded to put the sweatshirt on, and I proceeded to walk as far away from him as I could, trying to not be associated with the 'Ute' fan coming to the BYU game....but I also didn't want to hurt his feelings, so I think people could tell we were there together....so I just decided to play innocent. Well when we were walking to our seats, I was oblivious...basically trying to get to our seats as fast I could, so no one would notice....but Matt noticed people yelling at him...things like "Utah sucks!"
Well, we got to our seats and he was feeling pretty embarrassed as well, so he took it off. Luckily he had a long sleeve shirt on....but the cold eventually got to him, and he had to put it back on. As soon as he got it back on, the heckling started again. He had been planning on buying a BYU hoodie sometime this season, so he decided that it was the opportune time! He went and bought his BYU hoodie, and we watched the rest of the game in peace!! Go BYU (except for their sad, sad, game tonight!!).
2 comments:
BYU fans are jerks! Go utes!
Booo BYU. It's all about state schools. Utah and Weber State! As of late I have also become a pretty big fan of TCU! haha.
Post a Comment