If there is anything I've learned in my almost year and a half as a mom, it's that babies change quickly. Things get better and harder all at the same time. You get used to something, and they change it! I also know someday you will miss the thing that you can't wait for them to change. I have to constantly remind myself of this. It's how I try to live in the moment and enjoy my little, while she is little! I repeat over and over, "someday I will miss this, someday I will miss this."
How she always climbs in my lap when we are eating a meal. My first thought is always, "Why can't you just eat off your own plate, in your own chair?" Then I think, "Someday I'll miss this." I'm sure there will come a day when she can't wait to run off with her friends, or some boy (cringe!), and I'll think back to the days she used to climb in my lap and think, "I miss that."
How she pulls me over to the stairs so I can help her climb up and down them over, and over, and over. My first thought is always, "you know how to crawl upstairs by yourself! Why can't you just do that?" Then I think, "someday I'll miss this." I'm sure the day will come when she won't want my help with anything! I'll think back to the time she used to need my help and think, "I miss that."
Or, how at this very moment, she woke up crying in the middle of the night (10 minutes after I crawled into bed) and she needs cuddles. My first thought is, "When will you sleep through the night for more than a few weeks at a time?" Then I think, "someday I'll miss this." I know the day will come when she's out with her friends doing who knows what, and she'll come home in the middle of the night, and wake me up to let me know she's home (hopefully it's shortly after I've crawled into bed!!). I'll think back to the time she used to want to cuddle often and think, "I miss that."
One other thing I've learned is that being a mom is challenging, and I know I will have to remind myself over, and over, and over again, "someday I'll miss thus."
No comments:
Post a Comment