Thursday, August 21, 2014

Christmas 2013

What a day!  This was the first Christmas of our married lives that we've got to stay home all day.  We were lucky enough to have our families come and visit us.  I can't seem to find some of the pictures....unfortunately.

We had lots of presents to open....well Avery did....so many that she had to do them in phases.

We started out by opening some of the HUGE presents that Santa left for us.


Avery got an Exersaucer.  Matt and I got a BOB jogging stroller!!  We also got a new TV!  Avery got a bunch of other toys!! 

Matt's sister Jenny came over for breakfast.  Then she was kind enough to help Matt put the Exersaucer together while I took care of Avery.  
Avery's reaction to the Exersaucer was better than I could have guessed!  I wasn't even sure she'd have a reaction, but she loved it!  She would laugh so hard it would make her cough.....at least I think that's what was happening...hopefully she wasn't choking on some small piece of wrapping paper or something.
Of course by time we starting recording her she stopped doing it so much, but I really didn't expect her to do more than sit there staring at everything.


She really did seem enthralled with it.

Next, Matt's dad dropped by.  He brought Avery some more presents.

She got lots of fun toys!

Jenny had brought some Tamale's for lunch, so Matt's dad joined us.  We had soooo much food!

Matt had bought a new entertainment center for us for Christmas with his "perk points" at work so Jenny helped him put that together....she was extremely handy to have around!

Then it was time for the next phase.  My parents stopped by to see Avery and all of her presents....but she hadn't even opened all of them yet...oh well.

We had invited them for dinner since no one was going to their house for dinner like we have in the past.  We had some tostadas with pork and green enchilda sauce and other yummy toppings.  We didn't intend on having a Mexican food themed Christmas day..it just ended up that way.

After my parents left and we got things cleaned up a little bit, it was time for Avery to open the rest of her presents and her stocking.




It is insane how many presents this cute, cute girl ended up with!!


We just couldn't resist the cuteness!  We will have to remember to tone it down next year since her grandparents and Santa seem to be covering things for her!  :)

No comments: