Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Deck the Halls

Just wanted to share pictures of my Christmas decorations! We've gotten the crafty bug a little bit and made some fun stuff. Other stuff I already had, and we made a few small purchases to finish things up...for this year anyway!
We bought the garland...it has lights in it, but our outlet outside doesn't work. Maybe someday!
I saw a couple of people that had made these wreaths, and I thought it seemed easy enough, so I looked around on the internet and found a couple different ways of making it. I found the ornaments at a dollar store, and I don't think it turned out too bad!

















This is our house at it's most festive moment! I got a "Christmas" table cloth from my grandma and I bought the Christmas dishes at an after Christmas sale a WHILE ago!


I again had a crafy moment (they are usually few and far between), but I found an easy way to make coasters, so I made some cute Christmas coasters to use!












We had some extra tree ornaments, and I found this gold basket at my mom's (she wasn't using it anymore) it matched our stuff, so now it's our Christmas centerpiece













Of course we can't have this post without the tree! I bought this and the ornaments a few years ago at the after Christmas sales (even better than the after Thanksgiving ones if you want my opinion!)

Last but certaintly not least we bought a nativity scene. We decided this would be a tradition to add to for a few years. We found it on ksl.com for about 30% off I think... I actually don't remember exactly, but it was cheaper than it normally is at the store, and it was brand new. So, we deicided it is our goal to complete the set, but to do it on ksl! I didn't want to spend a lot, but felt that it was extremely necessary to have a nativity scence, since it represents the real reason we celebrate Christmas!


3 comments:

Kallee and Duncan said...

Dude are you in a house? Or a townhouse? I LOVE IT!

Laura G said...

You have your mom's talent for decorating....it always looks so good! I'm glad I got to see your Christmas decor! Oh and thanks again for my darling coasters.

Erin said...

your house is BEAUTIFUL!!!! You are so stinking talented Steph! Love ya lots!!