Monday, June 4, 2007

Goodbye Gilbert


Editor's Note: I wrote this back on 6/4/07, but I never posted it....so I decided to go ahead and post it!

So, the Friday before Mother's Day I had the TV on while I was cleaning and other things around the house. Finding Nemo was on, and who doesn't love those sea turtles? Our fish tank is right by the TV, and Gilbert our Goldfish came down to the bottom corner of the tank and was watching Finding Nemo. Well, when it got to the part when Nemo clogs the tank so they can get out, my mom came in the room and shut the TV off. She thinks that he must have lost hope because when we woke up the next morning, gilbert was floating upside down at the bottom of the tank. We thought it was a new version of his trick, but he wansn't moving, even his gils were still. Sadly, Gilbert was dead. He was given a "burial at sea" which is nice for a fish, except the sea was a river.......but it's still probably a nice place for a fish!

No comments: